Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmed new banlist

+80
smokewolf
Loto Drandel
neodasus
SporeVenom
DarkRiku
Tsunayoshi
tyking1224
Red_Chaos
AxleTheRed
No77u101
3E-hero neos
lightstorm
waguas
Mello
Malfurion
-Whiplash-
chesster423
Phoenix
dabestgamer
Potus-Mat
GreyZekrom
Nate River
SpaceJam
raidou
Kaito
thmaninblack
Acer
Dexla
Ruf_Pup13
CCStormgust
yoh001
zekthan32
damyou321
MultiJazzBeat
J. D. Guy
{EX} TheVoid
SillyDude
Adept VantageSP
tommyboy32211
Kreft
Seraphim2064
Chiaki
maskedhero303
Sheodon
OverlordMMM
XIVcaliber
LilSno
Pot of Profanity
ineedbettercards
dest
CaiusTSR
Dueler312
Zero2Hero
Johnny Raptor
BasedGod
Xander Royce
mido9
GRIMLOCK
WrightJustice
WinterKirby
KaousFaustXIII
Mewtwo
TyagoHexagon
Broken_Soul
LeoMence
nsanejokr
Badass_Bunny
nelynel12
ShinyHydreigon
Roxzen
Goddess nX
Yu-Gio
vem123
kangtuji
Held
Reckless32
Rainbow Haruka
BlackwingRa
Spoon
Ultimate lol
84 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Confirmed new banlist - Page 6 Empty Re: Confirmed new banlist

Post  SporeVenom 2011-08-28, 23:38

This new banlist is ehh. I do like the limiting of the plants, since those combined I consider to be way to broken. I think many will try the Chaos formaat, but most will fail. Having 3 JDs in a twilight/chaos deck is not a good idea. Think about it. You will have roughly half light/half dark. That means you can only run about 7-10 MAX lightsworns and thats only if you don't run other light monsters. If they all are different LS, then maybe, but to have more than half of your total LS monsters in your grave to summon your JD, it's just not consistent. I, on the other hand have made a very powerful deck based on this format; some say Synchros will be replaced, but I disagree since Xyz aren't that powerful yet, and synchros are still very easy to bring out.

On the heavy storm, gravity bind, and royal decree: I hate the fact that they unlimited gravtiy bind. Anything to sell sell sell sell. There was no other reason to unban this card. As for royal decree, I think it should have been left alone. It didn't so THAT much damage, and could easily be ridden of. For heavy though, I think it's going to be switched again for trunade in the coming lists. Sure, it's alot easier to stop, but when it does successfully resolve, your opponent is gone. My 2 cents pirat

SporeVenom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-08-28, 23:47

thmaninblack wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:
thmaninblack wrote:Which is why you summon it after they summon the boss monster, assuming you survive.

If the deck can boss rush, you dont survive to drop it.

Saying such a thing only shows inexperience or ignorance to how a deck works.
If a twilight deck manages to summon multiple boss monsters in the same turn they are either stacking or drew god. It's more likely that they will summon them one at a time. Mini-catastor is meant to create an opening for you to counter attack IF you managed to survive the initial boss monster drop.

And from your arrogant and dismissive comment, I assume that you run twilight and think that it's unbeatable.

"Boss rush" twilight decks with every possible boss monster in there are inconsistent as hell. Have fun with dead hands with JDs you can't use and sorcerors you can't summon. Your claim that such a deck is competitive only shows inexperienc or ignorance of how the deck works.

I got 2 words for you that will make setting up a boss rush easy: Beckoning Light.

Twilight can use that, dump their hand of useless cards, get 3 JD + BLS in hand and ruin your day.

Agents have already become notable because they rush with bosses and they also turned to Chaos and using BLS. They can boss rush you and worse.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-29, 00:56

SporeVenom wrote:This new banlist is ehh. I do like the limiting of the plants, since those combined I consider to be way to broken. I think many will try the Chaos formaat, but most will fail. Having 3 JDs in a twilight/chaos deck is not a good idea. Think about it. You will have roughly half light/half dark. That means you can only run about 7-10 MAX lightsworns and thats only if you don't run other light monsters. If they all are different LS, then maybe, but to have more than half of your total LS monsters in your grave to summon your JD, it's just not consistent. I, on the other hand have made a very powerful deck based on this format; some say Synchros will be replaced, but I disagree since Xyz aren't that powerful yet, and synchros are still very easy to bring out.

On the heavy storm, gravity bind, and royal decree: I hate the fact that they unlimited gravtiy bind. Anything to sell sell sell sell. There was no other reason to unban this card. As for royal oppression, I think it should have been left alone. It didn't so THAT much damage, and could easily be ridden of. For heavy though, I think it's going to be switched again for trunade in the coming lists. Sure, it's alot easier to stop, but when it does successfully resolve, your opponent is gone. My 2 cents pirat
I fixed the bolded part since you referenced to a different name, but that logic is pretty stupid imo.

The card was ran in decks that could Special Summon out the rear-end, and then flip it just to make sure you wouldn't have a legal out to their field. Try imagining a field of maybe 2 Shi En + Naturia Barkion + Royal Oppression. Could you manage to get an out to that without burning your ENTIRE hand just to get rid of it? Keep in mind, a normal Samurai Duelist has maybe 2-3 backrow, so Royal Oppression counts as one of 'em.

It was a pretty stupid Solemn Warning last format, so I'm glad it's gone. I had the damn thing, and hated locking out my opponent when I went into Rekindling -> Shooting Star Dragon + 3 more cards in hand only to play another Rekindling into more draws and more Synchro Monsters. After I flip Royal Oppression, the guy just quit.

The reason it did quite the amount of damage was because it caused problems to the player who had to face a field of massive beaters all while trying to find a way to kill Royal Oppression. Giant Trunade would be the most obvious answer, but that card is 1/40, although one could say the same about the Limited Royal Oppression too.

Either way, card was stupid and busted in decks that only needed to at least Synchro Summon 2 massive beaters that could protect it, force the opponent to pay 800 and then they get rid of it themselves, making you essentially waste 1/10 of your Life Points while getting in another beater. =/
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-08-29, 01:13

Well, considering what the next format might look like, I would say that royal oppression is the lesser of two evils.
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-29, 03:16

Question: Can you successfully summon an Xyz with Oppression around?
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-08-29, 03:19

Johnny Raptor wrote:Question: Can you successfully summon an Xyz with Oppression around?

That answer would be no. XYZ is still special summoning.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-29, 03:26

DarkRiku wrote:
Johnny Raptor wrote:Question: Can you successfully summon an Xyz with Oppression around?

There's your answer on why Royal Oppression went bye bye, rather than my logical excuse.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-08-29, 03:30

Johnny Raptor wrote:
DarkRiku wrote:

There's your answer on why Royal Oppression went bye bye, rather than my logical excuse.

Yeah! I think most people know why they banned Royal Oppression by now. Drum roll please. It is so they can promote the new XYZ cards. Same goes for bringing Gravity Bind back to 3 since XYZ monsters are not Levels but Ranks.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-29, 03:36

DarkRiku wrote:
Johnny Raptor wrote:
DarkRiku wrote:

Yeah! I think most people know why they banned Royal Oppression by now. Drum roll please. It is so they can promote the new XYZ cards. Same goes for bringing Gravity Bind back to 3 since XYZ monsters are not Levels but Ranks.

A few posts earlier, someone didn't understand it's banning. Neutral
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-08-29, 04:25

Actually, Oppression is gonna be banned just to improve the game, it's a dammn broken card and has lost me many games. It doesn't promote Xyz since Oppression stops Synchro's too, so then it'd be banned way earlier to ''promote'' Synchro's.
Just admit it, Oppression is a broken card and is good banned, it's a thing that BLS should be too!
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-29, 04:51

3E-hero neos wrote:Actually, Oppression is gonna be banned just to improve the game, it's a dammn broken card and has lost me many games. It doesn't promote Xyz since Oppression stops Synchro's too, so then it'd be banned way earlier to ''promote'' Synchro's.
Just admit it, Oppression is a broken card and is good banned, it's a thing that BLS should be too!

Look up several posts if you wanted my logical reasoning on it rather than "Because Kevin Said It's Brokezorz".
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-08-29, 13:17

Plants were hurt the most by Pot and Formula to one, not by Lonefire and Debris to one. Lonefire needed to get limited, but the Debris limit was kind of that extra slap to the face (like limiting Kalut AND semi-ing Icarus last banlist).

Speaking of parenthetical citation, Blackwings have a reasonably awesome Xyz engine and I think we'll see more of them, especially with Sanguide (budget deck? You mean impossible deck, right? THANKS TEWART HAVE ALL OF MY MONEY /no) and Twilight variants. Shura -> Bora from hand makes any Rank 4 you want (Ragia excluded), and Shura -> Kochi from deck does the same thing. People might run Breeze again, if they normal summon Shura, for example, add Breeze (which brings itself out since it was added from the deck to the hand FUN FACT YOU CAN DO THIS WITH SANGUIDE LJAKHDLSAFSDFS HERE TEWART HAVE ALL OF MY MONEY /no) with Whirlwind, then special Gale and Bora from hand for Xyz everywhere!

What really makes them powerful, though, like (Sanguide) Plants, is the fact that they have Synchro and Xyz engines in the same deck, without compromising deck space. Gadgets can run synchros, but you have to use a different build which may or may not be slower than just keeping the Xyz engine and rolling with that. Blackwing has the super special power of having Blizzard at three.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Birthday : 1993-10-31

http://www.dreamaniacgame.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post  neodasus 2011-08-30, 19:28

I get alot more respect as a Sam player, for some reason. Also, using asceticism instead of a 3x smoke signal has really opened up my game, and sets up samurais for exceed summons.
neodasus
neodasus

Birthday : 1991-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-08-30, 20:15

neodasus wrote:I get alot more respect as a Sam player, for some reason. Also, using asceticism instead of a 3x smoke signal has really opened up my game, and sets up samurais for exceed summons.

Probably because Sams can't drop two Shiens in one turn anymore with back row protection so you pretty much auto lose against them.

I think they limited Six Sams support just a tad too much. Having Shien at one was a good move to me. Smoke Signal could have stayed at 3. Six Samurai Untied should have went to one instead. I found it more of the problem card over Smoke Signal. You get to draw two cards for setting up your field with monsters. See what I mean?
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post  Loto Drandel 2011-08-30, 20:25

DarkRiku wrote:
neodasus wrote:I get alot more respect as a Sam player, for some reason. Also, using asceticism instead of a 3x smoke signal has really opened up my game, and sets up samurais for exceed summons.

Probably because Sams can't drop two Shiens in one turn anymore with back row protection so you pretty much auto lose against them.

I think they limited Six Sams support just a tad too much. Having Shien at one was a good move to me. Smoke Signal could have stayed at 3. Six Samurai Untied should have went to one instead. I found it more of the problem card over Smoke Signal. You get to draw two cards for setting up your field with monsters. See what I mean?

Konami knew that some cards had to go Dark Riku; they just wound up picking Smoke Signal instead of United; I think another reason why united did not go down is b/c unlike all the other bushido counter cards, it HAS a limitation of 2, while the others are infinite pretty much...Shi En going down to 1 is a bit rough but good on Konami's part b/c of the effect of Shi En being a bit...extreme. As for finding ways to get used to it, I'm a fellow Six Samurai user and I find this format to be even crazier (in a good way) b/c now the challenges of not having all the Shi En's or Smoke Signals can make me put my thinking cap on and work more on the deck to make it even more impressive. Asceticism does help get into the Xyz monsters pretty well (rank 3 and 4 specifically) and there is a fun combo with the bushido that I like doing and since it wasn't affected by the list i can have some more fun with that...

I'm not really surprised they banned Fishborg and limited Formula Synchron and T.G. Hyper Librarian...their effects were too broken especially when they were together...with Black Luster Soldier Envoy, Judgment Dragon, and Necro easing up (JD unlimited, Necro at 2, BLS Envoy at 1), I see some chaos decks back on the rise; however, I can also see GB starting to chomp more at the bit due to A Hero Lives (giving a special summoned prisma for auto gyzarus) and getting 3 MST + Heavy Storm...

Those are my opinions...
Loto Drandel
Loto Drandel

Birthday : 1987-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  smokewolf 2011-09-04, 17:16

i still think Imperial Order could come back. 3 MST Dusts twisters, 3 Breakers Lylas, brio, trish, scrap dragon, so many outs to chain to or remove IO right away. and Decree is just as bad. at least there is a cost to IO

anyone disagree? yes stopping spells sucks... just like a decree last format really sucked. but a good reason why it is still on the list...there isnt anymore.

smokewolf

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-04, 17:21

Imperial Order can be taken off the field at any time by its controller, therefore making it a huge advantage to the controller. 700 lifepoints isnt a cost, its a joke. On top of that Spells are more vital to gameplay than traps are, expecially since most players play more spells than traps. I know personally I usually tend to get to a 2:1 ratio (inadvertantly). IO can negate 30-50% of a players deck, sometimes more, where decree negates, 16-25% in worst case scenarios.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-09-04, 17:25

smokewolf wrote:i still think Imperial Order could come back. 3 MST Dusts twisters, 3 Breakers Lylas, brio, trish, scrap dragon, so many outs to chain to or remove IO right away. and Decree is just as bad. at least there is a cost to IO

anyone disagree? yes stopping spells sucks... just like a decree last format really sucked. but a good reason why it is still on the list...there isnt anymore.
Not the best idea. You see, the cost to Imperial Order is what gives it its edge. You can chose to not pay the cost, and, since it is on your Standby Phase, that means that you are free to use all of the Spells you please. Besides, the same logic could be applied to Chaos Emperor Dragon, since we have Effect Veiler, Herald Of Orange Light, Herald Of Perfection, Skill Drain, Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror, Consecrated Light, Solemn Warning, Solemn Judgment, Oh F!sh!, Gladiator Beast War Chariot, Chaos Trap Hole, and Forbidden Chalice.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy Candy Panda 2011-09-04, 17:26

they should bring back chaos emperor dragon or yata garasu because the new tech cards can stop em'

EFFECT VEILER
Sexy Candy Panda
Sexy Candy Panda

Birthday : 1990-02-27

http://dueling network.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-09-05, 00:30

smokewolf wrote:i still think Imperial Order could come back. 3 MST Dusts twisters, 3 Breakers Lylas, brio, trish, scrap dragon, so many outs to chain to or remove IO right away. and Decree is just as bad. at least there is a cost to IO

Standard example of arguing that "more counters that stop a card make it less broken".

That isn't the case.
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-09-05, 02:12

Well, gentlemen, the terror has passed. No longer will you need to spend $500 to win this format. Thank God for whoever slapped Tewart across the face and revoked the ruling.

Also, if reiteration of this point hasn't happened enough on this page, Imperial Order is a terrible idea.

Am I the only one here who also thinks BLS was a horrible idea? I mean, really. Can we get it emergency re-banned? That card wins games on its own. It's also a semi-nomi.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Back to top Go down

Post  cybrbot 2011-09-05, 16:27

so far it looks like twilight is the new deck for this format

cybrbot

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-09-06, 03:19

I would have to agree, but by no means is it unbeatable or will it be a 100% Twilight format. They lost a bit of momentum with the Xyz ruling revoked, though BLS still wins games by being in their deck with Judgment Dragon.

My predictions are this: Twilight will win a few events before people realize that it's hilariously easy to side against, then when October rolls around, Dark World will win Game 1 every time provided they're not being run by total scrubs. After that, everyone will be running Twilight or some anti-Twilight deck only to get their asses handed to them by the next Quickdraw DandyWarrior (Referencing how out of the blue that deck was) that will take everyone by surprise.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-06, 14:25

Id say Twilight will be second to DW. But thats just my opinion.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-09-06, 15:15

Except as far as playing DW goes, it's just a few key side deck techs and the deck is over. Crow for Grapha, Consecrated/Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror if you don't run Darks...that's why I said they'd be winning Game 1 everywhere, not matches everywhere, unless someone does the deck super well and manages to get rid of those inconsistencies.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Back to top Go down

Post  Nogueirn 2011-09-11, 21:09

They need to work on Chaos now lol
Nogueirn
Nogueirn

Back to top Go down