Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

musto priest of the gusto i think it has effect veiler rulings

+3
BlackwingRa
DragonMaster99
raidou
7 posters

Go down

Solved musto priest of the gusto i think it has effect veiler rulings

Post  raidou 2011-11-16, 01:05

i mean i can use it to negate stardust and then use dark hole so it wont be able to negate it

i cant find any rulings on it but going by text looks like effect veiler rulings should apply
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: musto priest of the gusto i think it has effect veiler rulings

Post  DragonMaster99 2011-11-16, 01:15

No, it negates effects, not the activation of effects, so opp can tribtue stardust as a cost; stardust's effect activates in grave.
DragonMaster99
DragonMaster99

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-16, 01:17

You can, the text of this card is like Effect Veiler, you can use it to negate Stardust's 1st effect. But for reminding, it negates the effect, not activation. And Stardust's 1st effect activates on the field, resolves on the field. Stardust's 2nd effect is the one that activates in grave, but if the 1st effect didn't resolve successfully, the 2nd effect cannot be activated.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-11-16, 04:15

DragonMaster99 wrote:No, it negates effects, not the activation of effects, so opp can tribtue stardust as a cost; stardust's effect activates in grave.
This is absolute incorrect. Stardust actives and resolves its effect on the field.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-16, 04:40

Why's everyone ignore my post?
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-16, 04:59

Magicknight94 wrote:
DragonMaster99 wrote:No, it negates effects, not the activation of effects, so opp can tribtue stardust as a cost; stardust's effect activates in grave.
This is absolute incorrect. Stardust actives and resolves its effect on the field.

Sorry, but judges proved this. Stardust does not resolve on the field. Cost is paid first; it is in the grave before the effect is applied.

It is widely known now that Stardust is impervious to Skill Drain. Please research before posting.

@ Ra, my personal reason for ignoring your post (since you asked) is because it is worded really funny so I can't comment on what you're saying.

BOTTOM LINE: Stardust CAN still negate destruction while Skill Drain is present. This does not deter it. Since cost is paid before the effect activates, Stardust is in the graveyard when the effect resolves, so everything goes strait around Skill Drain. This has been stated by multiple judges and can be seen right here:

Skill Drain: "Skill Drain" has no effect on "Stardust Dragon". For the first effect, Tributing "Stardust Dragon" is a cost, so "Stardust Dragon" is not on the field and is unaffected by "Skill Drain". The second effect activates in the Graveyard, so "Skill Drain" cannot negate it.[16]

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Stardust_Dragon

Readin the rulings carefully makes it so that people like me don't waste our time explaining things. -_-
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-11-16, 05:10

Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-16, 06:04

What magicknight94 said is right. And as magicknight94 asked: how many noob-judges exist on this planet?
Vincent, your judge is probably very stupid about the basic rules for effects: Effects resolves at the place it is activated.
And even Skill Drain's card text is very clear. It says: The effects of all face-up Effect Monsters on the field are negated.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-11-16, 06:24

Veiler just doesn't have problems with Stardust allot because it can only be activated during the opponents main fase. Most of the destruction effect are used on other times.
The common ruling dispute is veiler being chained to a destruction effect. In which case veiler wouldn't work.
This case is a Stardust already affected by a fully resolved veiler or in this case a Musto priest of the gusto.
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-11-16, 08:49

confirm the above. Skill Drain just works differently to Veiler & Co. While Skill Drain only affects the monster while it is still on the field cards like Veiler still affect monsters that tribute themselfes as a cost. This is because the effect was activated and resolves on the field.
Also see this for an explanation of the difference: http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t2754-ruling-faq-clearing-up-the-most-confusable-rulings#drainveiler
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down