Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Gates of Hell - Dark World Deck Profile and Guide

+25
Amy Cool
Vincent
OverlordMMM
tester12342
Martia-chan
ktownkid
012yArthur0
kycoool13
Hunter_13
Cyrillus
Magician of Black Chaos
matt.dekok
Dueler312
stardust breaker
thepotentialthreat
Zero2Hero
Gerardz
Lewils
Phoenix
DarkRiku
kangtuji
BigZac
Red_Chaos
KaousFaustXIII
Tsunayoshi
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welcome to the Gates of Hell - Dark World Deck Profile and Guide - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Gates of Hell - Dark World Deck Profile and Guide

Post  tester12342 2011-10-24, 08:35

ktownkid wrote:
So in Mirror matches you would have to play differently because you cant use certain cards like DWD(Dark World Dealings) or Morphing Jar...but you have to tech in some cards for you to win maybe game 2 or 3
Pretty much. In a mirror match you'll have to play a bit careful in the first game.

As Tsunayoshi has mentioned, you can build your deck with mirror matches in mind, meaning no Morphing Jar and less Dealings or you can just tech in cards that will help you instead. Personally I have a Vanity's Fiend, Delg and Caius monarchs in my side deck just in case of mirror matches where I switch from standard Dark World into a more monarch oriented deck.

In other news, I can understand why people don't like to main Dark World Dealings. But personally, Dark World Dealings has helped me more than it has punished me and that's including mirror matches.

tester12342

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Gates of Hell - Dark World Deck Profile and Guide - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Gates of Hell - Dark World Deck Profile and Guide

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-05, 14:30

Bumping this up back up with some minor updates to the OP to get rid of faulty info such as the defunct TourGan combo. Also fixed broken imgs.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-11-05, 19:52

Just wanted to bring some attention to the whole DW Dealings versus Dragged Down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj7vAIIryCA

This is Brandon Wigley's deck, the one which he had gone 8-0 with. Its basically a control variant which uses knowledge of the opponent's deck very early on. Dragged Down usually creates more advantage for him than less because of the types of DW monsters he uses as well as the support cards.

Its not made for mirror matches, but he knows how to play smart and has appropriate sides. He also appears to play with minimal resources which suggests a much more conservative playstyle than other decks.

Here are two duels from him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XBwfUTBQec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUObaib0cN0

I'm trying to find more of his duels, but he seems to utilize the cards really well.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-05, 21:15

That deck profile gave me a lot of ideas.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-05, 23:36

OverlordMMM wrote:Just wanted to bring some attention to the whole DW Dealings versus Dragged Down:

This is Brandon Wigley's deck, the one which he had gone 8-0 with. Its basically a control variant which uses knowledge of the opponent's deck very early on. Dragged Down usually creates more advantage for him than less because of the types of DW monsters he uses as well as the support cards.

Its not made for mirror matches, but he knows how to play smart and has appropriate sides. He also appears to play with minimal resources which suggests a much more conservative playstyle than other decks.

I'm trying to find more of his duels, but he seems to utilize the cards really well.

I need to talk with one of his teammates about getting his actual decklist to post up because the deck that won at JP Nats was jank as !@#$ and I'd prefer to have Whigley's deck up to show that he did play like a bawss and earn his top.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-11-06, 00:19

You mean for permission? Because his deck profile is still his decklist.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-11-06, 01:23

OverlordMMM wrote:Just wanted to bring some attention to the whole DW Dealings versus Dragged Down:

I watched the video. I agreed with many of his choices minus a few. I wish he didn't get DQ for that BS.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-06, 14:51

Guide has now been updated with Whigley's DW build from Columbus
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Cool 2011-11-06, 16:09

As I said before Dragged Style is one of the best choices for DWs. Math is never wrong Wink
Amy Cool
Amy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-06, 16:17

I made my own after seeing Whigley's. I would've bothered to post it under deck construction but it'd just be Dark World deck #5002.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-06, 18:28

Amy Cool wrote:As I said before Dragged Style is one of the best choices for DWs. Math is never wrong Wink

Not going to get into the debate between Aggro and Control. How you want to run the deck will be player preference.

I will stand by the fact that Dragged Down will never be worth running without backup.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-06, 18:33

Well, considering it DOES have ample backup isn't that a moot point to bother arguing? In the current format it's good.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-06, 18:40

Vincent wrote:Well, considering it DOES have ample backup isn't that a moot point to bother arguing? In the current format it's good.

Just putting that out there. I will say that there still is no single decided way to run the deck. Aggro builds have two solid discard engines for making advantage and with some back up can battle into a quick win just as well as Whigley's build could control its way into a win.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-06, 20:14

I guess the trade-off really only shows in mirrors. Control variant seems like it'd be slightly disadvantaged for round 1, until they get their side deck into the equation.

Oh hey, that brings me to another point: since everyone and their mother has decided Banishing is the best way to deal with Grapha, do you think it'd be worth it to side deck Burial from DD and DDR for countering the most common sides (Bottomless, Debunk, DD Ground, etc.) so you can accommodate and ensure you take the 3rd round?
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-06, 21:07

Debunk has turned into a commonly used side deck card since it works on more than just Dark World. Burial and DDR are both mediocre or bad choices for the deck imo.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-06, 21:15

Eh, I figured that a deck at the top of it's format might want to bother siding for people's answers to it. It's not like it'd kill you speed to side deck burial in case 1 or 2 of your grapha's end up in the nether-realm round 2 because your opponent sided accordingly.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Strive Skill 2011-11-27, 12:11

Where can I get Fabled Raven where is DOESN'T cost $50?!

Strive Skill

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-27, 14:05

With a $5 pack and a lot of luck?
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sillva 2011-11-27, 14:49

With the release of the deck in the TCG and the release of support in Photon Shockwave as well as additional support coming in Order of Chaos, this guide is outdated.
Sillva
Sillva

Birthday : 1988-05-09

http://prestigeda.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-30, 15:26

Strive: Either from an out of print deck with a lot of luck or just buy the singles.

Sillva: I am not aware of there being anything of use in Photon Shockwave being worth mentioning or Order of Chaos for that matter. Do not even go as far to mention Latinum, as I have already gone on record as saying the card is garbage and will be nothing more than garbage.

Dark Smog is the only card of relevance that needs mentioning and I believe it has gotten that mention. If not, I will work it in with the next update to both the ETC and DN postings of the guide.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-30, 15:40

how did the gent from Columbus get dqed?
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-11-30, 15:50

You should add some info on the hand control variant. A Hand control DW deck made the top 32 in YCS Kansas
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-30, 15:50

S.S. Anaconda wrote:how did the gent from Columbus get dqed?

Bogus judge call.

Whigley got singled out for a deck check. He was up front for having other cards in his deck box. They checked his deck and came back with a DQ for 'attempting to deceive a judge'
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-30, 17:29

lame
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-30, 18:31

Yeah Whigley getting screwed was lame. 8-0 when they pulled that shit on him.

Also there will be no other control decks added to the guide due to Whigley's being posted already, and of the same lines of the KC YCS build as well.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sillva 2011-12-02, 21:26

Take a look at Trance Archfiend (Order of Chaos). From the looks of its effect, the discard is not a cost. It becomes a 2000 ATK monster when you do and can return banished DARK monsters. Even Grapha... Now what was the best means of getting rid of Grapha? Oh yeah... banishing it. This card is like nope, we thought of that too.
Sillva
Sillva

Birthday : 1988-05-09

http://prestigeda.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-12-03, 06:52

So in other words, an fancy side deck should removal become an issue for whatever reason? Dunno if this earns space in the main. Severely doubt it.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-03, 14:00

Sillva wrote:Take a look at Trance Archfiend (Order of Chaos). From the looks of its effect, the discard is not a cost. It becomes a 2000 ATK monster when you do and can return banished DARK monsters. Even Grapha... Now what was the best means of getting rid of Grapha? Oh yeah... banishing it. This card is like nope, we thought of that too.

As I said. NOT RELEVANT.

Trans Archfiend is really mediocre at best and Grapha being removed is pretty much moot with 3 copies in every deck regardless of build. They would have to find away to hit all 3 at once and have it become a credible threat before any form or siding choice would have to be considered.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-12-03, 15:04

Noticed you haven't updated match-ups in a while. You may want to look into the Inzektors and Wind-Ups match.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2