Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!

+76
jkastrounis
AsherpotterCOPY
HarleyThomas
johndark93
Comanderikari
Phraxure
[S]tarstrike
Junk Warrior
Celsty
carapippino
Shooting Quasar Dragon
werehawk
Sheena
Question Mark
GrandFreeze
The Pope
dpoon87
Near Ryuzaki
dredragon
Krukov
Badass_Bunny
Godblaster
Wakko
Twilight Sparkle
master piece
S.S.A.
DuelKing
Nooby Ops
Moon
Entr0py
Tigger22190
Miror B.
cbond007
kravopiez
Tsunayoshi
crazymonky
MultiJazzBeat
Chaos340
redsmas
Synchro Pro
WrightJustice
Zaiako
GadgetPWNer
012yArthur0
! Abduction
{EX} TheVoid
Zephyr
The Dubstep Dealer
ShotgunShogun
ZoidsBN
raidou
Sheodon
Nick100895
Breaker
cybrbot
FrankTech
Mewtwo
P4RTYxP01S0N
RainyCats
Yoichx
Adept VantageSP
CantiOG
Zero2Hero
DaKid
isaac
GRIMLOCK
ValorOfArms777
lezardvalethvp
Miley Syrus +
Phoenix Wright
Potus-Mat
Sexy Candy Panda
Nelrick
KaousFaustXIII
Goddess nX
The DetonatorCOPY
80 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  Empty Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-21, 10:10

We get suggestions of what should be added to DuelingNetwork everyday. Sometimes these suggestions are posted multiple times a day. This topic will serve as a reference to suggestions from members. It is important to check here before posting a new suggestion to see if your suggestion has been suggested before. The answer to whether or not we will be implementing it in the future can also be found here. The list is in alphabetical order.

*PLEASE NOTE*
Timeframes will not be given for the implementation of any these suggestions. Dueling Network is not a billion dollar company capable of rolling out updates in a matter of days. This process does take time.

- Automatic Mode No

- Chat window re-size Still undecided (currently no)

- Clicking on cards instead of hovering to bring up action menu: Still undecided (currently no)

- Counter Function (to keep track of Spell Counters/Bushido Counters/Turn Time etc). Yes

- Custom formats/ban lists No

- Enhanced search functions (to display limited cards/sets etc.) Yes

- Fixes for unusable cards Yes

- Import/Export Deck function No

- Log of ALL duel actions performed Yes

- MTG (Magic the Gathering) Version of DN No

- Multiple Token image option No

- New avatars These are added via poll monthly. Polls can be found in the "recent poll" tab at the top of the forum.

- OCG only/ TCG only sections. No

- Random opponent duels No

- Revision of Ranking System. Still undecided (currently no)

- Scroll bar for avatars. Still undecided (currently yes)

- Separate chat room for ruling questions No

- Solitaire Mode (for Deck testing) No

- Stat changing (ATK/DEF/Attribute/Type/Level etc.) No

- Tag team dueling No

- Volume slider Still undecided (currently yes)

*This list is subject to change, the list is currently based on the known implementations being worked on or considered for future updates*

Last edited by The Detonator on 2011-12-18, 17:45; edited 12 times in total
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  Empty Re: Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!

Post  Goddess nX 2011-07-21, 10:16

Hopefully Tag Duel comes by the end of the year if you guys change your minds Razz
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  Empty Re: Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-07-21, 10:33

about time someone make a collective thread about this.. and it definitely looks complete. good one Det.

The Detonator wrote:
- Import/Export Deck function No
Awww...
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelrick 2011-07-21, 14:26

- Log of ALL duel actions performed Still undecided (currently yes)
- Revision of A.S.S System. Yes

Only Gifs can describe how this makes me feel:
http://www.oconowocc.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/happy-face-770659.png
All the others i already knew, Except this one:
- MTG (Magic the Gathering) Version of DN No
O.o Ppl actually suggested that?!
Nelrick
Nelrick
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1996-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-21, 19:22

@nelrick
Surprisingly yeah :/
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy Candy Panda 2011-07-21, 19:27

i really would like for you and BLS to re-think the tag duels, and the custom card backs(like yellow,green etc.) if i get any other ideas i will post them here
Sexy Candy Panda
Sexy Candy Panda

Birthday : 1990-02-27

http://dueling network.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-07-22, 00:44

Excellent job, Mister Detonator; I tire of wading through identical posts and the administrators inevitably reciting the same response repeated ad infinitum. However, people will still ask for the impossible (such as Miss nX and Mister Panda before me). Thank you.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-07-22, 09:38

Here's one you might have missed: http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t1967-the-intro-song-on-dn

i have a feeling it would be a "No", but just for the sake of completing your list. kthxbai '')/
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-22, 10:00

Thank you!

now maybe we get a little less of the "lol y u no have xyz monsters?"
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-07-22, 13:29

I told BLS we'd do they polls weekly and have 2 avatars a week rather than 4 a month. 8 a month is much more awesome. I'll just link a contest to the page or something.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  lezardvalethvp 2011-07-22, 14:25

The Detonator wrote:- Stat changing (ATK/DEF/Attribute/Type/Level etc.) No

and why is this?

lezardvalethvp

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-07-22, 14:32

lezardvalethvp wrote:

and why is this?

It would be unnecessary, difficult to code, relatively useless, and is very unimportant compared to more pressing problems.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  ValorOfArms777 2011-07-22, 16:02

[quote="Potus-Mat"]
lezardvalethvp wrote:

It would be unnecessary, difficult to code, relatively useless, and is very unimportant compared to more pressing problems.
Instead add Info notes wich will basicly allow a person to type what they want in it and over lay it on somthing I woudn't figure thats hard to do as it would jsut be a floating little not you can hover about and if you add it on the mean time it can take the place of counters while you work on that
ValorOfArms777
ValorOfArms777

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-07-22, 16:11

[quote="ValorOfArms777"]
Potus-Mat wrote:
lezardvalethvp wrote:

Instead add Info notes wich will basicly allow a person to type what they want in it and over lay it on somthing I woudn't figure thats hard to do as it would jsut be a floating little not you can hover about and if you add it on the mean time it can take the place of counters while you work on that

This sounds very much like the chat box.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-25, 02:45

*Update to list*

Custom card backs > Yes
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  GRIMLOCK 2011-07-25, 16:37

Nice to hear about the custom card backs king

and nice to see there would be a revision of the A.S.S. System....that's what everyone is looking forward to cheers
GRIMLOCK
GRIMLOCK

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-07-25, 17:16

Perhaps a lock on the quit button until the game has an ending?
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac 2011-07-28, 13:09

Due to the way they were listed, would it be safe to assume a log of actions will be used for the new revision of the A.S.S. button?

I.e something like making the button suspend the duel, and taking a "duelstate" if you will, and sending it to a mod for review of who was in the wrong.

That's the idea i got when i saw those two together.
isaac
isaac

Back to top Go down

Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  Empty Counters?

Post  DaKid 2011-07-29, 17:39

Add a button to add counters onto a card? like spell counters
DaKid
DaKid

Birthday : 1990-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-07-29, 17:41

DaKid wrote:Add a button to add counters onto a card? like spell counters
Such a thing was already promised.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-29, 17:51

Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-07-29, 17:54

Why not just an Administrator only Avatar?
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-29, 17:58

Potus-Mat wrote:
Nice.. I'll be sure to add that in.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-07-29, 18:00

Zero2Hero wrote:
Potus-Mat wrote:
Nice.. I'll be sure to add that in.
Glad to be of assistance.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  CantiOG 2011-08-01, 03:52

I'm glad you took my suggestion for this thread.
CantiOG
CantiOG

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-02, 18:47

- Log of ALL duel actions performed Still undecided (currently yes)
Det, I really want this one to happen. It would make things a lot easier for the players and the staff. Sometimes people on DN don't type certain things they do and just expect their opp to know. This causes a lot of confusion. I would also like to suggest the new option of "Effect" in the drop down menu when hovering over a card. This would log that you used the effect of that card. Like if I summoned Gale, I would click that option, then I would select their monster (the one I am targeting).
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoichx 2011-08-07, 20:00

I guess theres no hope for tag dueling Sad
Yoichx
Yoichx

Back to top Go down

Post  RainyCats 2011-08-14, 12:25

The thing I want the most is a rematch button, doesn't even have to be a match, re hosting isn't that hard, but its still kind of long.

RainyCats

Back to top Go down

Post  P4RTYxP01S0N 2011-08-16, 04:17

I would really like to see Tag team, rematch, and an option to share decks with friends. Maybe an option to have anime only cards in the deck, like Blue Flame Swordsman and landstars, ect.? Posted that in the forums, just sayin. XD
P4RTYxP01S0N
P4RTYxP01S0N

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewtwo 2011-08-16, 15:45

How about an "activate effect" option on the list of card options that indicates to the opponent we're activating an effect. It's kind of annoying having to type in the chat "effect" all the time.

...Or is that part of "Log of ALL duel actions performed?"
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Back to top Go down

Post  RainyCats 2011-08-20, 11:08

an eff botton would be pointless as it wld take the same amount of time to click the eff button then t write it. and several eff u dnt even need to say it, like odins eff or some dragunity eff like dux's

RainyCats

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewtwo 2011-08-20, 12:51

RainyCats wrote:an eff botton would be pointless as it wld take the same amount of time to click the eff button then t write it. and several eff u dnt even need to say it, like odins eff or some dragunity eff like dux's
Um no. Some of us don't type 1000 wpm. There's no way clicking "effect" wouldn't be faster.
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-08-20, 12:56

For Ranking and Automatic mode.

Ranking: Bls was really looking into resetting (only the rating not anything else) every format to give players a fair shot instead of trying to play x amount of duels 24 hours a day.

Automatic mode: This will be added in small glomps but it will be a simple automatic mode targeting cards, attacks, similar stuff. You might notice that if there's one monster on your opponents side of the field and you click attack it will automatically direct the attack towards that monster, this is the kind of stuff that will happen.

As for that effect thing you guys are fighting about, you have to declare which effect your using in real life, and by typing it in the box it's made clear. It's the same method.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-08-22, 21:35

Say, could you not allow freelance programs to help with the more taxing tasks people ask for (for example, Tag Duels)? We do owe you (by "we" I mean the citizens of the Dueling Network, not programmers), and, let us face it: this site is a collection of thousands of "nerds" (for lack of a better term); surely some of them can do something.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  FrankTech 2011-08-29, 00:20

Suggetion: To fix the user overload AND the amount of afk ppl searching for duels, Add a timer to the search as host. Like 2 minute max? Searching for a duel never times you out. The timer itself is good, but exploiting it isnt.

FrankTech

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-08-29, 01:33

You do get timed out if you have hosted for 20 minutes and are not doing anything else. Hosting a duel does not exploit anything. People need to understand that.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  cybrbot 2011-09-04, 22:26

how about we have cardsleeves based on wins

cybrbot

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker 2011-09-16, 13:38

Ideas to the Revision of the A.S.S. System:

-Disable it when an admin/mod is online (or when certain admins/mods are)
-Disable it if the user's reputation is lower than 0 (or a certain amount)

Sorry if its a repeat of someone else's post/idea.
Breaker
Breaker

Birthday : 1995-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GRIMLOCK 2011-09-16, 14:40

I Would suggest removed it totally, that way it won't hurt anyone anymore Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  1545188673
GRIMLOCK
GRIMLOCK

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick100895 2011-09-22, 11:36

The A.S.S button should be removed completely. If you call in an admin to solve a problem, they can just force the other player to quit. I'm sick of being A.S.Sed. This guy assed me just because i was beating him with six samurais.
Nick100895
Nick100895

Birthday : 1995-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  GRIMLOCK 2011-09-22, 11:49

Agree the A.S.S. Button must go Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  2585209286
GRIMLOCK
GRIMLOCK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-24, 21:01

I wonder if you are planning to add some cards from Custom Card contests, or a few created Custom Cards to the DuelingNetwork.
Sheodon
Sheodon

https://www.youtube.com/Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-09-24, 21:05

Sheodon wrote:I wonder if you are planning to add some cards from Custom Card contests, or a few created Custom Cards to the DuelingNetwork.
They kinda already said that they would not. And although I would appreciate a fourth column where cards made on Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Maker can be used, I can see it being a lot of work.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac 2011-09-24, 22:46

Maybe work as in, keeping it balanced, explaining BS rulings, and otherwise devolving into a lifeless, essentially rp-only part of the site. But actually adding it would be easy enough.

It's a terrible, terrible idea.

Also shouldn't the ocg/tcg section being a "no" being removed? lol
isaac
isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-10-06, 20:45

- Log of ALL duel actions performed Still undecide

about this one why not make it a hiden window like the general chat or the pms

you click on the LOG button and get to see all duel actions of both players diff color for each player

maybe red and blue so it would be easier to find each player actions

raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  ZoidsBN 2011-10-06, 20:48

Yoichx wrote:I guess theres no hope for tag dueling Sad

I am sad about that one to. It would have been so much fun.
ZoidsBN
ZoidsBN

Back to top Go down

Post  GRIMLOCK 2011-10-06, 23:44

- Match Mode (with the ability to Side Deck without leaving the current duel room) Yes

Yugioh is meant to be played in a Match, where the winner get's 2/3 games,

This is the one im patiently waiting for Very Happy
GRIMLOCK
GRIMLOCK

Back to top Go down

Post  ShotgunShogun 2011-10-14, 13:58

I have a new suggestion, an ignore/block feature that would of course only work on non-admin etc users so they cant message you, or so you cant see anything they say in chat. This is wanted for those idiots who like to spam in the chat mostly

ShotgunShogun

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dubstep Dealer 2011-10-14, 14:04

You guys say no to alot of things that could be good like changing the stats on a card that one would be really good
The Dubstep Dealer
The Dubstep Dealer

Birthday : 1995-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-14, 15:48

Pineapplemonster wrote:You guys say no to alot of things that could be good like changing the stats on a card that one would be really good
That would be super pointless and needlessly difficult.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next