Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!

+76
jkastrounis
AsherpotterCOPY
HarleyThomas
johndark93
Comanderikari
Phraxure
[S]tarstrike
Junk Warrior
Celsty
carapippino
Shooting Quasar Dragon
werehawk
Sheena
Question Mark
GrandFreeze
The Pope
dpoon87
Near Ryuzaki
dredragon
Krukov
Badass_Bunny
Godblaster
Wakko
Twilight Sparkle
master piece
S.S.A.
DuelKing
Nooby Ops
Moon
Entr0py
Tigger22190
Miror B.
cbond007
kravopiez
Tsunayoshi
crazymonky
MultiJazzBeat
Chaos340
redsmas
Synchro Pro
WrightJustice
Zaiako
GadgetPWNer
012yArthur0
! Abduction
{EX} TheVoid
Zephyr
The Dubstep Dealer
ShotgunShogun
ZoidsBN
raidou
Sheodon
Nick100895
Breaker
cybrbot
FrankTech
Mewtwo
P4RTYxP01S0N
RainyCats
Yoichx
Adept VantageSP
CantiOG
Zero2Hero
DaKid
isaac
GRIMLOCK
ValorOfArms777
lezardvalethvp
Miley Syrus +
Phoenix Wright
Potus-Mat
Sexy Candy Panda
Nelrick
KaousFaustXIII
Goddess nX
The DetonatorCOPY
80 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  - Page 4 Empty Re: Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-30, 00:47

Shooting Quasar Dragon wrote:Also, what about an option that allows a player to quit only after they admit defeat? The only downside of this is that some people who are just willing to be the bigger man adn quit against an annoying person would be discouraged to do so. Other than that, i think a player should not be able to quit unless they admit defeat. This will also encourage players to press on despite being in an inferior position in a duel, since admiting defeat is "worse" than quitting.

Pointless. If someone wants to quit and still deny exp to their opponent, they can close the browser.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  - Page 4 Empty Re: Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!

Post  carapippino 2011-12-30, 18:55

give to every duel a unique number to identify it with logs of chat and actions made during the game (in case of disputes, people to ban, etc)

carapippino

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsty 2011-12-31, 08:49

"Save As Deck" button in Deck Constructor?
Celsty
Celsty

Back to top Go down

Post  Junk Warrior 2012-01-01, 13:41

Need Banish Face Down option from card on hand. It's even mentioned in card effect, that cards can be banished face down from hand.

or, is this one of the [Fixes for unusable cards] mentioned above?

Junk Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Quasar Dragon 2012-01-01, 18:41

How about a deactivate DN for (any set amount of days) option? Many of us are still scholars and sometimes we need to focus on studying. I know this is of no benefit to DN itself, but it is to its users, because many of us, including me, have not developed a full conscience due to our young age. After determining a deactivation of a set amount of time, it should be impossible to log on to DN for that set amount of time. That would be helpful to some of us, because DN is just too amazing to resist.
Shooting Quasar Dragon
Shooting Quasar Dragon

Birthday : 1992-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2012-01-01, 19:50

Yet another option that will not be put into effect.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  [S]tarstrike 2012-01-01, 20:20

The ignore function would be good. Especially for those people who keep bothering you.

I was also thinking that something could be added for pre-set duel notes. That way players could have notes for things such as...

->Deck testing
->Deck restrictions
->OCG/TCG restrictions
->Rating/rep restrictions

Of course, this would only be for convenience and something that could easily be done in Notepad. But, meh. Worth a shot.

And, Tsunayoshi: I wouldn't suggest replying to this post acting like you know anything more than I do when we both know you aren't on staff. I've seen your rude & unnecessarily blunt replies to people's suggestions and I won't be so lenient about it.
[S]tarstrike
[S]tarstrike

Birthday : 1989-09-20

https://www.facebook.com/ryderjj89

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-01, 20:40

Starstrike, can't people just write that themselves?
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  [S]tarstrike 2012-01-01, 20:41

Phraxure wrote:Starstrike, can't people just write that themselves?

Yes, of course. But, what I was suggesting would be having like a drop down menu of your pre-set duel notes. Like I said, it'd only be for convenience and you could pretty much get the same thing by typing a few lines in Notepad and saving it for when you duel.
[S]tarstrike
[S]tarstrike

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2012-01-01, 20:53

The bones before the fluff. You desire pre-written duel notes? Use Microsoft Word and copy/paste.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-01, 20:56

What Potus said. Pre-written notes are not necessary at all, it's quicker to write out the notes or Copy & Paste them than to code it. Besides, it will not have all options that all players will want, this is more beneficial to few than majority.
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  [S]tarstrike 2012-01-01, 21:04

>Said it was a suggestion for convenience.
>Mentioned Notepad could easily be used.

Why so redundant guys?
[S]tarstrike
[S]tarstrike

Back to top Go down

Post  carapippino 2012-01-03, 11:26

we definetly need tags (i.e. a different color for every definition) to avoid bothering ppl, such as noob, quitter, cheater and so on, in way to avoid them in future. notepading is not enough: there are always at least 6000 ppl, impossible to remember how everyone plays (or doesn't play..)

carapippino

Back to top Go down

Post  Comanderikari 2012-01-10, 20:12

I was sent here when I sugested an deck flip function.

and was given, - Fixes for unusable cards Yes.

I was asking for Convution of nature and I asume by the way its written, the erson thought convulsion was unsuable. It is not theirs a multitude of FTK's with it and also I Run it in an Antimeta build. its a card to keep your opponets draws from being secret.
Comanderikari
Comanderikari

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-10, 20:45

Comanderikari wrote:I was sent here when I sugested an deck flip function.

I was asking for Convution of nature and I asume by the way its written, the erson thought convulsion was unsuable. It is not theirs a multitude of FTK's with it and also I Run it in an Antimeta build. its a card to keep your opponets draws from being secret.
It's unusable because DN doesn't have the function. What I quoted was the first post saying stuff that's been suggested and what the answer to that was.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Comanderikari 2012-01-11, 20:03

Miror B. wrote:
Comanderikari wrote:I was sent here when I sugested an deck flip function.

It's unusable because DN doesn't have the function. What I quoted was the first post saying stuff that's been suggested and what the answer to that was.

Thanks alot I was confused by what you ment, I'm sorry for mistaking your words D:
Comanderikari
Comanderikari

Back to top Go down

Post  johndark93 2012-01-13, 18:23

Miror B. wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:Only Apple mobile devices dont support Flash. Android and I believe Windows 7 Phone do support Flash.
I said most. Besides, not everybody owns an android or windows 7 phone so yea, rather say no to all than no to some.
Flash and Mobile Apps are a whole different thing.
Many popular flashgames are made into phone apps due to flash memory issues with phones.
Still, converting DN to an App is a bit too hard to waste resources on right now.
It can be a future option If/When DN becomes more popular.

johndark93

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2012-01-13, 18:29

johndark93 wrote:
Miror B. wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:Only Apple mobile devices dont support Flash. Android and I believe Windows 7 Phone do support Flash.
I said most. Besides, not everybody owns an android or windows 7 phone so yea, rather say no to all than no to some.
Many popular flashgames are made into phone apps due to flash memory issues with phones.
Still, converting DN to an App is a bit too hard to waste resources on right now.
it will never happen because of legal issues
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  johndark93 2012-01-13, 18:33

Zero2Hero wrote:
johndark93 wrote:
Miror B. wrote:
it will never happen because of legal issues
That makes two unsurpassable obstacles.

johndark93

Back to top Go down

Post  carapippino 2012-01-14, 18:36

need the function copy deck (with different name) under deck constructor section to test the same deck but with few modifies made

carapippino

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2012-01-14, 19:34

carapippino wrote:need the function copy deck (with different name) under deck constructor section to test the same deck but with few modifies made

Been suggested before and turned down repeatedly.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-01-18, 20:43

How 'bout a sort deck by set?

Rather than cycling through a crapton of pages for a monster (or whatever) (especially if you don't know the name) just Type of Card: Monster Set: Metal Raiders.
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-01-19, 11:31

HarleyThomas wrote:How 'bout a sort deck by set?

Rather than cycling through a crapton of pages for a monster (or whatever) (especially if you don't know the name) just Type of Card: Monster Set: Metal Raiders.
I think advanced sorting is in the works, but the works is pretty vast.
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  jkastrounis 2012-01-24, 09:55

Not sure if this has been suggested, but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to add an option that allows the players to give attack/defence to the tokens...
Or even further, the gains and loses of attack and defence due to effects and equips on the monsters.
Thanks

jkastrounis

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2012-02-10, 13:59

How about there's a quiz when you register and if you make a certain score, you'll be ranked as a judge of different rankings and (if you volunteer) will go on the online user list below the administrators and be a blue-green color. These people will be able to be called for a ruling issue and take a little pressure of the other administrators. And just like admins, they can log in/out of judge mode and can enter the duel chat to explain a ruling if they are called. There will also be a word in parentheses next to your name on that list that tells what kind of rulings you can handle. Ex: [insert name](basic)
[other user name][intermediate]
[yet another user name] [advanced]
[last user name] [expert]

Note: Anyone who's already a member should this be put in effect will have an option to take the quiz at any time.
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2012-02-10, 14:09

DuelKing wrote:How about there's a quiz when you register and if you make a certain score, you'll be ranked as a judge of different rankings and (if you volunteer) will go on the online user list below the administrators and be a blue-green color. These people will be able to be called for a ruling issue and take a little pressure of the other administrators. And just like admins, they can log in/out of judge mode and can enter the duel chat to explain a ruling if they are called. There will also be a word in parentheses next to your name on that list that tells what kind of rulings you can handle. Ex: [insert name](basic)
[other user name][intermediate]
[yet another user name] [advanced]
[last user name] [expert]

Note: Anyone who's already a member should this be put in effect will have an option to take the quiz at any time.
The problem with that is the fact that people who know one knows anything about can become part of staff. Malicious people can know rulings, they try to rule shark, and they might have the ability to pass your test, and gain access to powers they don't need.

When hire when we need more Staff members,and we hire those that can be trusted with a well known background.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaikan 2012-02-12, 19:39

What about the option to add token cards to your deck in Deck Construction?

If you add Sheep Token, Emissary of Darkness Token and Fluff Token to your deck you could select between those three tokens to summon when you press Token button in a duel and if a player doesn't add any token to his/her deck then the button summons a Sheep Token by default.

Besides I suggest reconsider the stats modification suggestion... sometimes is difficult to track every modification between levels and ATK

Last edited by Kaikan on 2012-02-12, 20:13; edited 1 time in total
Kaikan
Kaikan

Back to top Go down

Post  012yArthur0 2012-02-12, 20:04

I hardly find atk/def change effective. Especially that it is so hard to find things that actually works like that.
012yArthur0
012yArthur0

Birthday : 1997-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaikan 2012-02-12, 20:29

The ATK/DEF modifications is useful with fields (Closed Forest, Temple of the Six), equip cards or cards with ATK modification (Horn of Phantom Beasts, Lumenize)

The level modification is really useful with Level Eater shenanigans
Kaikan
Kaikan

Back to top Go down

Post  GRIMLOCK 2012-02-15, 00:10

Are there Plans to add the Match System into Dueling Network?

as mentioned here,

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t15367-add-a-match-mode

I can't seem to find it among the list above, Thank You!
GRIMLOCK
GRIMLOCK

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeo521 2012-02-18, 13:39

The Detonator wrote:

- Import/Export Deck function No

So just wondering not sure if anyone has suggested this then why not have a save duplicate deck button, reasoning: when making deck lists that are for the new ban lists or just different decks (IE shooting star deck and Stardust Assault deck), but have the same cards in it and would make it easier to make the deck.
Zeo521
Zeo521

http://graph-art.matc.edu/davidt/vicom_145/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Pope 2012-02-21, 23:16

"Fixes for unusable cards" is very broad. Is there any chance you can add which card fixes are feasible and which aren't?

Like, as of now, Esper Girl doesn't work since you can't banish the top card of your deck face-down. That should be a relatively easy fix. On the other hand, Parasite Paracide, which involves placing your own card into your opponent's deck, would probably be far more difficult to program.

If we could have some kind of listing of which card fixes you can see yourselves doing, and which ones are outside the realm of possibility, that would probably help clarify things.

Also, I'd like to add the notion of setting monsters in the S/T zone or spells/traps in the monster zone. Cards like Toy Magician and Magical Hats are, as of now, pretty much useless.
The Pope
The Pope

Back to top Go down

Post  Rompicoglioni 2012-02-26, 11:28

Saw that it was mentioned in the OP, but just thought I'd say, adding a Ban List button in the Deck Constructor that would show just cards on the list would be awesome.
Rompicoglioni
Rompicoglioni

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-26, 11:31

There is a fix for magical hats:

banish the 3 cards face down, then when your opponent declares an attack, randomly pick one of the cards, that is the attack target
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Rompicoglioni 2012-02-26, 11:46

For Painful Choice I banish the 5 cards from my deck and tell my opponent to choose which will go to my hand. If he clicks on the card will it be outlined in red/blue like when they select a card on your field or hand?
Rompicoglioni
Rompicoglioni

Back to top Go down

Post  draigodragon 2012-02-26, 23:03

surprised there isn't a Friend list on here

draigodragon

Back to top Go down

Post  GRIMLOCK 2012-02-27, 20:10

draigodragon wrote:surprised there isn't a Friend list on here

Friends list?

You can easily add someone to your friends list just by typing their name at the View Profile area, the ADD FRIEND button is there Got a Suggestion? We might have heard it before!  - Page 4 1545188673
GRIMLOCK
GRIMLOCK

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2012-02-27, 20:34

Not sure how many times I posted here, but how about a way to custom sort your deck? If I have it correct, the current sorting sorts is: (Main) Normal Monsters in ABC order, effect monsters in ABC order, Rituals in ABC order, Spells in ABC order, Traps in ABC order. Same for Side EXCEPT: monsters for the extra deck are added last in the order: Fusion (ABC Order), Synchro (ABC Order), then Xyz (ABC Order).

By custom sort, you can sort by being more specific like Tuner, Level 5+, S/T category, etc.
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4